Monday, June 23, 2008

Dance This Mess Around

I have been busy busy busy...as you know, my cat has been ill (although he seems to be feeling quite a bit better, he still seems to be suffering from a severe bout of ennui...can cats have an existential crisis?). I've also been working on a few new pieces, finishing up a commission and dancing my ass off at the True Colors concert. How in the world could I pass up a night of Joan Jett, The B-52's and my childhood idol, Cindy Lauper (especially when the ticket was free...an early birthday present)?

Joan Jett Warped Tour 2006 - Copyright 2006 Larry Hollman
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts kicked some serious ass (and oh-yes, she did indeed play "do you wanna touch me"...)...

copyright 2003 George Dubose
I couldn't help but hippy-hippy-forward-hippy-hippy-hippy-hippy-hippy-shake to The B-52's which caused some serious flashbacks of high school...

copyright philippe carly
And, much to my delight, Cindy Lauper, whose banter with the audience was hilarious and endearingly A.D.D., played my favorite "When You Were Mine" along with a lovely version of the perennial favorite "Time After Time."
Of course the past week was filled with its share of blech, blurgh, gack and arghs, but I'm keeping it on a positive note today.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear you had a fun time at the concert (I couldn't remember it was), I'd love to see the B-52s in particular.

    :)

    Hope Mischa is back to 100% very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be that time of year when cats get sick. One of my cats is recovering from a really bad infection. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about your kitty, wenchie. I hope she (or he) is feeling tons better.

    ReplyDelete